LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

username12 (o)     06 April 2014

Divorce

I got married in aug2013. Now me and my wife are living seperately. she left me with no reason but only with ego.

she is a housewife but not interested to live so.. but at the same time she is not interested to work even.

she wants no one to say anything to her..even me or my parents. her argument is " i ll live according to my wish" 

what i feel is her  interest/love on me is just fake/artificial. Now she wants my parents also not to come to my house. (I am the only child to my parents)

she never listen to my or my parent's words. Even her parent's also just supports her and not trying to patch the differences between us. Finally they took her back to their home.

Now what we feel is..she will not mix up with our family and we don't want her back too. (we cant hold this mental torture).. At this juncture 1) can we apply for divorce? 2)if not what is the minimum time to apply?3)Is there any problem if the groom (me) apply for divorce first?4)Can i opt for mutual consent divorce?

Pls guide me.

Learning

4 Replies

Rahul (Plant Executive)     06 April 2014

First of all to register a complaint in nearest police station where you lived with your wife last from where your parents in law took her away. Register a complaint stating that your parents in law are continuously interefering in your marriage life and putting pressure on you they have taken her away from your matrimonial house against your consent. Take a copy of that FIR with you for your reference and produce it in maintenance case if she files in future

Rahul (Plant Executive)     06 April 2014

First of all to register a complaint in nearest police station where you lived with your wife last from where your parents in law took her away. Register a complaint stating that your parents in law are continuously interefering in your marriage life and putting pressure on you they have taken her away from your matrimonial house against your consent. Take a copy of that FIR with you for your reference and produce it in maintenance case if she files in future

uphar upadhyaya (na)     06 April 2014

Rahul is right but after one year atleast you can go for divorce not before

Prashant Kanha (Advocate Uttar Pradesh )     06 April 2014

Ek bechara phir gaya mara!! pardon to start from lighter angle.

Neways, now it appears that it is getting really complicated and you are scared but don't worry play this battle step by step, smartly and strategically as your unreasonable wife is armed with very destructive armory... 

FIRST OF ALL TRY TO MEET THE MEDIATOR (ONE WHO WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN GEETING THIS MARRIAGE ARRANGED), SET A COMMON PLACE FOR MEETING B/W YOUR FAMILY AND GIRL'S FAMILY. SOUGHT OUT THE THINGS AND REACH TO COMMON  CONCLUSION, agar baat nahin banti then fight it out legally;

1. If, possible register an FIR against your father-in-law  and his some other relative alleging taking your wife without your permission and demanding 2-3 lakhs rupees by blackmailing to register case under 498A and dowry prohibition act.

2.file habeus corpus writ  in High Court immediately. We know she will not come but it will help in any further proceeding initiated by her.

3. Get a separate resident proof from your family members and relatives. I mean it should be evident that  you and your wife were living separately from your family.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register