LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sh@ktiiiiii (Employed)     03 April 2014

Release deed from daughter to father

My father in Law and his younger daughter (My wife's younger sister) purchased a property in Mumbai in 2014 . My sister in law had to take bank loan. Bank gave loan only on condition that  the property was registered in the name of my sister in law (There is such rule). Although 70% of the payment was done by father in law. But property is in the name of only sister in law.

Question

1: Can she later on make a release deed and transfer the property in name of her father and mother.

2: Currently she is unmarried, whats complication if she gets married in the mean time.

3: Can release deed be done with property papers lying with the loan issuing bank?

4: Does my wife (Father in law's elder daughter) Have any right on this property now? (without release deed,As she has also helped with payment, Payment was a huge one of over 1.10 cr )

Please provide me some answers. I am active here. If any details required.

I shall respond soon.

Learning

4 Replies

Aga Advisors (Lawyer)     03 April 2014

Please provide me some very professional answers here. 

Professional answers = professional charges ... Mail : agaconsulting.mumbai@gmail.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2014

Deed of family arrrangement for release of property in favour of other beneficieries in consideration of annuity is possible.

Sh@ktiiiiii (Employed)     03 April 2014

Thanks for the response Sir.

What about any affidavit where it can be mentioned that only partial payment was made for the flat purchase just to assist her father and she has no claim to the property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 April 2014

Generically speaking:

The Sister in law is owner and can give away the property (after obtaining NOC from Bank) by Gift Deed, Sale deed etc………………..to anyone.

After marriage her husband and children shall become ClassI legal heir. She can still give away her property that is self acquired/she owns to any one as she pleases…………………

Without explicit documents/agreements the father in law may not succeed to lay a claim to the property.

It shall be appropriate to show all related documents and records to a lawyer handling such cases at your location.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register