Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar Kotak (Student)     14 October 2014

Dress code of an advocate & location for purchasing

I have just got my Law Degree.

I would request the experts to please guide me as to what is the dress code for appearing in the court of law ?

Please state individual items like bands, tie etc .

Also, Where in Mumbai would I be able to get the best Quality fabric for my dress code ?
Is there any particular shop which cater to these needs or does the high court itself provides & sells the complete dress code package ?

Pls clarify my doubts.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 October 2014

Read provisions of Advocates  Act, 1961 for dress code and purchase from any source/market , easy acess to canteen of Bombay High Court.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     14 October 2014

1. Ask you batch mate who has recently purchased his coat & gown about the address of the shop,

2. This type of queries relegate the status of this forum which has been formed primarily to answer legal queries of public in general free of cost.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2014

Unfit and vague query especially for a law graduate.  If you are not able to find out even this small issue by yourself, how will you be able to serve your clients properly or survive in the legal fraternity?

Sagar Kotak (Student)     19 October 2014

What I asked for was the dress code..& what i got in reply from some experts is their judgement regarding my career abilities..

If you cannot answer a question...or find the question too sillly.. then no one is forcing to reply..There is no point in giving personal judgements.. It would neither solve my query nor make you any great !

I must admit this is a great forum to get such rude replies !

Keep it up T. Kalaiselvan & KK Ganguly !!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

If you think  you are too intelligent enough you should not have posted such queries in the public forums devaluating yourself.  What do you understand by dress code through your query? or what is that you want to show or impress by posting such queries, do yo think that by asking such questions you will be considered as a very great intellectual.  You should first of all understand that this forum is for clarifying the legal queries and not such irrelevant issues.  Moreover if you posted some query you have to digest the replies as well, nobody asked you to post a query, if the experts are given queries to answer, they will give their own opinion and and not a reply to appease you or suiting your taste. Even without knowing what a dress code is, you want to pass comments on senior advocates, very nice, keep it up.

Sagar Kotak (Student)     19 October 2014

I differ with your opinion. I dont think that my query would in any way devaulate myself. Is it a crime to ask basic queries ? Also there is no point in digesting your reply cause it doesnt serve the purpose of the query.

Since you are such a Senior & Respectable Advocate, its understandable that u might find this query too below the rank for you to answer so i guess you should not be wasting your time in this query.

There are many other important queries awaiting your replies.

Anyways, Thanks for your valuable assistance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register