LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meenu Arora (HR & Admin Head)     05 July 2012

Does hindu marrige act provide equal rights to boy & girl

My brother got marreid three & half year before. From 6th months later of marrige his wife tried to starts blaiming on family memeber that we teach my brother against her, later on she bliamed that we have wrong relation in between me & my brother without any incidence which proves this. Every time her parents keep waarn about the hindu marrige law to my parents without listen the both parties. now just before 8 months she slaped my brother rather till the time my brother even never used abusive language to her from the marrige. Before 4 months they start living seprate from family along with 1.8 year old daughter. She carried all jewellery ornaments including mine & my mom without our knowledge . Now she & her family memeber starts pressureise my brother to own a flat. Recently without any major reason her father warrn my brother to put me , my elder brother & his wife to keep behind the bars who is even lived in other state. Moreover my brother knows that she still in touch with her ex- boyfriend but he has to keep his mouth shut.

All this is just becouse Our Hindi Marrige Act only. If we consider that boy 7 girl has equal rights in every critieria, then why in marrige which is a knot to tie the two family, why we gave preferance to girl. even when boy family proves the girl wrong still our law can not punish her & her family.

Being a woman, i felt that if the society is giving the girl equal chance to take education or to join the post according to her eligibility, or to be independent , if  still a girl cannot stand on his feet just because of her lazyness, her parents mistake, lake of interest in studies whatever., then why the boy pay for this.

Marrige is not a deal of profit & loss, if by badluck because of any partner weakness, bad habit, different tempraments. marrige not workout then why this alimony & maintenamce made by the law.

If i consider my brother marrige we also spend as much money on this marrige as they spend.

we gifted his wife 3 times more gold then her praents gifted her or my parents

One function they done as like we also through reception

They made garments we also .

Moreover we agreed to come to their hometown for marrige just for their convenience, for this we hired 1Ac bus, 3 cars for 3 days from Delhi to jullandhar.

Yes, child is a part on which we all have to think seriously. Future of a child should not be compromising. Child shoul live with the person who can give the child better education & future.

You poeple must be think that my brother is in a part that is why i am blaimg our law, but not i am a divorced lady at the time of dicision i even never ask for a single penny from my in laws this is a recorded statement which i can prove. No matter who is mistaken who is wrong. Matters that both parties go through by very hard time equaly in every criteria

Learning

15 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 July 2012

@ Meenu,

After thoughts like yours as above are self wake up call :-)

You are talking about equality in HMA; I will say all family laws are heavily leaning towards metro womens. One person not taking alimony at the time of divorce does not change the generic mindset o metro womens.

Today metro woman have 'rights" only forget talking anything else here in legal forums.

Today metro woman are marrying to have instant fixed deposit made in shortrest time; shortest time is nothing but putting in-laws and husband behind bars. The moment they go inside all mutual settelement takes place at the time of bail hearing. White collor is afraid to fight and thus ignored protesting all these years when these laws were in making now you see how skin of a married men is legally tasty :-0

People like you though read / see everything daily around you yet when it comes to inside suffering then raise voice upon vices in public polices. As self check and balance could you take print out of your long letter to us and post it to President of India down to your MLA by tomorrow?

May I now ask just a single question did either side made List of Articles given / taken at the time of marriage ? I bet no. So where is the education and big talk of yours leading to now ! Did you not know that "ignorance of law is no excuse" !

In future kindly be specific about questions that you may have as and when your side faces volley of Criminal/ Civil charges including one on custody of child I will happy to help your side.

And yes, welcome to family law forum.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     05 July 2012

Dear Ms.Arora, 

The laws in India are heavily skewed in favour of women. Some of these laws are misused by women to falsely implicate their husbands and families framing false dowry allegations against them if their unjust demands are not met. Since you reasonably apprehend that they would file a false case against you. Starting by intimating the higher police authorities (make sure it is confidential and only for information) would be a good idea. 

Feel free to talk !

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     05 July 2012

Dear Ms.Arora, 

The laws in India are heavily skewed in favour of women. Some of these laws are misused by women to falsely implicate their husbands and families framing false dowry allegations against them if their unjust demands are not met. Since you reasonably apprehend that they would file a false case against you. Starting by intimating the higher police authorities (make sure it is confidential and only for information) would be a good idea. 

Feel free to talk !

Ranee....... (NA)     05 July 2012

later on she bliamed that we have wrong relation in between me & my brother without any incidence which proves this.

thisis a great  and shameful blame..have your brother filed  for divorce after getting this blame?

Recently without any major reason her father warrn my brother to put me , my elder brother & his wife to keep behind the bars who is even lived in other state. ...what was the minor issue?

Moreover my brother knows that she still in touch with her ex- boyfriend but he has to keep his mouth shut...what has made your brother to keep his mouth shut?

he has enough ground to file for divorce without giving her alimony..

some  women are really dangerous.(irrespective of her being metro or non metro)!

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 July 2012

Originally posted by :Ranee.......

"

later on she bliamed that we have wrong relation in between me & my brother without any incidence which proves this.

this is a great  and shameful blame..have your brother filed  for divorce after getting this blame?
Take: What an question as if by alleging verbal abuse one gets divorce !

Recently without any major reason her father warrn my brother to put me , my elder brother & his wife to keep behind the bars who is even lived in other state. ...
what was the minor issue?
Take: Have you not known that this is a public forum. Are you not aware that "Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public" !

Moreover my brother knows that she still in touch with her ex- boyfriend but he has to keep his mouth shut...
what has made your brother to keep his mouth shut?
Take: Another probing question as if replier didnot know that adultery by wife cannot be punished !

he has enough ground to file for divorce without giving her alimony..
Take: Since you read @ Meenu's generic post about sorry state of female laws we have and she related them to her family's sufferings, tell readers - what are those enough grounds her brother / her family has to file divorce and don’t even pay alimony ? When no question she has asked other than narrating the sorry stage the matrimony of her brother has reached.   

some women are really dangerous.(irrespective of her being metro or non metro)!
[some replier Woman are women’s worst enemy when they think legal forums are Facebook or Tweeter or Orkut as in social networking sites and start giving social views
]

"

Ranee....... (NA)     05 July 2012

D Arun kumar aka tajobsindia,

why dont you advice this lady to read last 100 forum messages in family forum and  Sec 125 of Crpc..

And still she dont understand  then advice her to stay away from her brother's married life.

(Guest)

Typical reply.

Not only the querist should be adviced to stay away from brother's life, Why should not we also advice husbands parent to forget his son?

Why only section 125, we should also tell her about more deadly weapons that can be used against her if she does not leave his brother alone. e.g. 498a/DV act. 125 will not directly effect her but sadly 498a and dv act can prove lethal against the sister who is also a woman (although these laws are for women)

Originally posted by :Ranee.......
"
@ D Arun kumar aka tajobsindia,

why dont you advice this lady to read last 100 forum messages in family forum and  Sec 125 of Crpc..

And still she dont understand  then advice her to stay away from her brother's married life.
"

Ranee....... (NA)     06 July 2012

sec 125 Crpc states that a wife living in aduldery is not entitled for maintenance...this lady and her brother should know this..because 

"ignorance of law is no excuse" !

(Guest)

Now, from where did adultery come in story?

Ranee....... (NA)     07 July 2012

@

498akadushman

read the main post properly.!

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

sec 125 Crpc states that a wife living in aduldery is not entitled for maintenance...this lady and her brother should know this..because 

"ignorance of law is no excuse" !

I understood from the thread that wife is blamming siblings physical relation from husband side.

So from where Section 125 of CRPC applied here.

Ranee....... (NA)     07 July 2012

Moreover my brother knows that she still in touch with her ex- boyfriend but he has to keep his mouth shut

this line is from the main post.

(Guest)

"Still in touch" -> Adultery???

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

Moreover my brother knows that she still in touch with her ex- boyfriend but he has to keep his mouth shut

this line is from the main post.

1 Like

(Guest)

lol...indian husbands have become very broadminded.. ranee sahiba, you are not a broadminded lady!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register