Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce property & alimony

Need advice,
I got married in Dec 2010, as I was studying at time of marriage I stayed at his home for 5 days immediately after marriage. After that I never stayed with him.
My husband also he is working in bangalore & has high profile job in MNC. After 2 years at time I was completion of my degree my husband learnt about my love affair but he does not have any concrete proof about it. After that he never contacted me. I tried reaching him & his parents also avoiding contact with me since then my life has turned.
I started working in bank in 2013. My family & me went to reconcile with my husband but his parents refused to stay me in their house. I am not able to get my husbands whereabout as he switched company in 2013 & changed his mobile number.
My parents tried every effort like informing their neighbours houses, SMS him, his friends from facebook, messaged from facebook & even called from relative who is a police but these stone hearted people are not replying anything, they do not even talk on phone ? How much I need to tolerate ill-behaviour.
We are poor family, my father retired. My in-laws are very very rich, their neighbours disclosed that my in-laws have very hugh land, banks account, bussiness & my husband is also earning very hefty salary.
I got a divorce notice from lawyer for mental harrasment which I sent SMS, emails, facebook & whatsapp messages.
My relative who is police told my family to file criminal case against my husband & family. If I file criminal case will I get share in in-laws property ?
I do not have any childrens, If I get divorce, will I get share in my in-laws property ?
How much I can get maintainance as he is earning 1.8 lacks per month ?

Learning

5 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     25 November 2015

If you are working chances of getting maintainence is leff, you do not have right in inlaws property, file for RCR.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitish Banka

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     25 November 2015

Hi Sanjana...

You never lived with your husband.

You have love affair.

Now you want to harass your husband and get his father's property?

You want maintenance from his 1.8L salary?

You also completed your degree? Why are you not earning for your self?

If you have some love, respect and love left for your husband, then pursue patiently and gain his trust and save your marriage.

Do not file RCR. That is not respectful way to save a marriage.

If you have lost all the love, respect and love for your husband, then pursue Mutual Consent Divorce and leave him in a dignified way.

As you are graduate now, earn for yourselves.

If you file criminal cases, you can harass your husband and get money.

But at the same time, you will roam in courts for years paying lot of fees to lawyers.

Also you will be branded "wife who filed criminal cases on husband" and you will have tough time doing second marriage.

so, please use legal methods to end your marriage amicably and not to ruin your own life.

Else save your marriage by pursuing patiently.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 November 2015

Mam,

Decide first what you want a share in the property or your husband?

If you need your husband back file RCR, otherwise seek the marriage expenses in divocrce petition filed by him u/s 25 HMA.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

(Guest)

Can my husband get divorce based on SMS/emails & whatsapp messages which I sent ? I sent in frustration because I was very very depressed at that time. I do not want to talk about my past college life. His family does not respect me or my parents and insult without talking & not giving even water when we went to talk to them his home.

It was his & his family work to find my affair before marriage & decide. Now after 2012 I left college why now talk about it ? After he came to know he abused me & my parents like anything I have recorded his audio on phone & saved his sms in nov 2012. This is mental torture they are giving to me & my family. Instead accepted me how life would had been happy.

Now he is enjoying lavish life, enjoying 5 star office parties and using 15 L car and I am travelling in bus and earning 12 thousand per month ? Is this justice ?

Since I am part of his family why I cannot get share in-laws property ?

My relative uncle will file criminal case against him & his family but can he use the SMS/emails & whatsapp message as proof to close it ? Also can he get divorce on it using it as proof ?

Born Fighter (xxx)     27 November 2015

You need introspection seriously.

God gave you a wonderful opportunity to change your life by sending your husband but you stabbed him and now complaining for your own wrongdoings by blaming him

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register