LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamesh   24 December 2017

Difference in land area registered Vs real area

Hello all, Recently i got a settlement deed from my mother (ansestor property) land with house in chennai. For the settlrmnent deed we followed the same dimensions in the previous documents. I had applied for patta for my place and the surveyer told me that the area of the land is more as compared to what is in the document. Will this be a problem for me in future. In the account of receiveing patta will i get it for what is in the document or the real/actual area??? Thank you in advance for the reply. Regards, Kamesh G

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi bhushan agrawal   24 December 2017

1st verify the reason of enhanced area.any govt/private land portion included.patta will be as per record.

Kamesh   24 December 2017

Thank you for the response. The thing is that the mother document is 100 years old and that time we had to leave 5 feet space between the adjacent houses. While constructing the house this space was not left both the neighbors for that matter nobody leave space between houses. While the settlement deed was registered recently we just followed the area mentioned in the mother document and when it was measured for the survey there is this extra area present. Please suggest will this an issue?? Or what can be done on.this regard?? Kamesh G

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 December 2017

The posting suggests that it based verbal communication. Please verify the records.

Kamesh   25 December 2017

@p. Venu sorry I do not understand can you explain a little detailed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register