Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SVSVVSSVVS (Technical Associate)     30 March 2014

Issue against election commission

Hello,

I recently had myself and a few family members enrolled for voting in the following manner

Myself - As a new voter (Form 6)

Mother - As a new voter, and informed about old address where she is registered and request to get that cancelled (Form 6)

Sister in Law - Transfer of name in electoral roll from Delhi to Mumbai(Local constituency) (Form 6) - where exact information of her last polling station and election ID card details were provided.

We all had filled up the details online and as per the online rules, we got our appointment dates where we are supposed to visit the EC office as per the SMS and provide the physical forms with evidence. Since we all had enrolled on different days, i got the 1st sms followed by my sis-in-law and my mother.

It was fine for me when i went and enrolled and i was assured that i will be a registered voter for April 2014 elections.

However my Mother and sister in law were told that they will have to take their form to a different location which was different from the address as per SMS and under no condition where they willing to entertain us stating that our constituency people have to go to the other location. I argued with them that they did accept my form initially and the officer there then told me that there's no guarantee that your form is submitted to the right constituency. He was very confident now that my form is surely not gone to the right department. He then said to go and check in the correct constituency if they have received my application. All this was done on the 28th of March 2014 which was the last day of enrolling for elections this year. We did go to the correct constituency with my Sister in Laws and Mothers application where they were also unsure that the names would be enrolled. They very clearly specified that since there are many applications, there is no guarantee that work will be done on all the forms and since we were some of the last individuals coming , he kept saying that there's no guarantee of your form being enrolled.

I have entered almost all the details as it happened and now i would like to know if i can file a case against the Election Commission

1 - for providing incorrect address for submitting the forms.

2- for submitting applications and still not being able to vote in the correct constituency.

Learning

2 Replies

SVSVVSSVVS (Technical Associate)     14 April 2014

pz help

sum1

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2014

come clearly what is matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register