Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (Manager)     29 March 2014

Contested divorce proceeding stages

Hi experts

i want to know what are stages (from filing a petition to judgement) in a contested divorce proceedings in chennai courts.  I am asking the stages like petition, counter, arguments etc.. Also i want to know if the petitioner / respondent will be allowed to examine the other if required.

thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 March 2014

Your querry is not clear. affidavits filed. Both the lawyers cross examined the affidavit whether it is true or false. Wittnesses replies will be recorded by the family court judge. Thats. it.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 March 2014

Are you appearing as party in person? or are you an advocate?, if party in person, please reply, if advocate, please attend the proceedings in the court, take advise from your senior do some home work and get acquainted, if party in person, reply, shall answer accordingly.

gd dy (gd dy)     04 April 2014

@ ramachary64@gmail.com :
"Your querry is not clear. affidavits filed. Both the lawyers cross examined the affidavit whether it is true or false. Wittnesses replies will be recorded by the family court judge. Thats. it."

is it a normal routine of all fmly court in india ?

kumar (Manager)     07 April 2014

Ramacharay sir,

Sorry if my question is not clear. I heard that after the respondent filed reply, there will be chief examination, cross examination, arguments like that. I want to know what are those stages and their sequence.

Kalaiselvan sir,

Yes i am party in person (petitioner).

stanley (Freedom)     07 April 2014

First petition is filed by applicant .

Than respondent files a application asking for adjournment .

Since written statement hs to be filed within 90 days from the date of receipt of petition 

Than written statement submitted .

Again application can be filed by either party for adjournment stating some grounds hence another date is given , 

Normally wife file application u/s 24 for interim maintenece.

Reply has to be given by opponent . 

Argument may take place .

Order may be passed for interim maintanence or the same can be rejected .

then in between,, many misc applications

then, evidence with affidafit by original divorce applicant

then his/her cross

then opponent's evidence with affidafit

then opponent 's cross

then argument

then order.

and this can go on for about 5-7 yrs .

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register