Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jai (Individual)     27 March 2014

Director and share-holder - who is in charge of the company?

Hi

I want to register a pvt ltd company, but since there is a requirement that there should be minimum 2 directors - i am forced to bring in a dis-interested person as a director just to satisfy this requirement.

For all practical purposes i alone will have to run the company

How does equity/share-holding work then? Can i clearly specify(how) that i own 100% equity of the company?

Please advice.Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2014

Section 2 (13) of the Companies Act, defines Director as any person, occupying the position of a Director, by whatever name called. At times Articles of Association may provide guidelines for appointing a Director but generally it is shareholders who decide that who will be able to run the business on their behalf successfully.

chandani kumari (Corporate & Tax Lawyer)     29 March 2014

Dear sir, 

With the passing of Company act 2013, now a company can be made by an individual person, So you should no need to force any person to become a director of your company, you only can run your business perfectly with the name of one person company, 

for more details visit askcommercials.com

Jai (Individual)     30 March 2014

Chandini,

You are probably referring to OPC - One Person Company.

I wonder if people wud be comfortable doing business with a OPC.. most don't seem to know abt it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register