Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

General person (Job)     25 March 2014

Greedy lawyer

Dear Experts/ Lawyers,

Sometimes back, I submitted 10,000 cash to a lawyer for some legal work and emailed my documents. Rest 15,000 was to pay after service/work. Total fees was 25,000. I submitted and told lawyer that I will give date of proceedings bcz some points were not clear at my end. i kept the proceedings hold at my end. Finally, due to some reasons that purpose of that legal work had to be withdrawn and I asked for my money back which was 10,000. But lawyer is not refunding the amount. I asked the lawyer that you can take some amount like 1000 for the consultation and conversation I had over phone and rest refund to me. But the lawyer said the whole money, 10,000 he will not refund. 

Can anybody tell me that i should I do? Is not the lawyer becoming greedy. He did not do any efforts. Only I had telephonic conversation and sent my documents and money. After that nothing he had to do. But still not ready to refund my money. I have receipt of bank which I transfer the cast through.

Pls advise.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 March 2014

Have you got any receipt from the lawyer. If you have such receipt only you can take action on him. Moreover you obtain certain services from him. How much its worth of services. Simply you cannot blame on lawyers. 

General person (Job)     26 March 2014

I have bank receipt abut not from lawyer. He did not give. 

I said that I just emailed my documents and deposited money and I asked lawyer that he has to wait when i will give him date. i will confirm when he has to start proceedings. But i had to withdraw it and for that he is not refunding my money. Total agreed amount was 25,000 and 10,000 i paid in advance. But without any proceedings how can he keep my money!!! 

I am ready to pay amount for consultation/ conversation over phone. Does any such consultation cost rs. 10,000 ???? even an MBBS degree holder charges max rs,. 500 for consultation. But what about 10,000. Is he not betraying people like me by grabbing big amounts without any work? 

Shame on such work!!!

If you have any words which can help me in this regard, pls do that. Would be so thankful.

Nilesh (Advocate & Student CS)     29 March 2014

pls don't make such type of comments about any professionals...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register