LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj Kumar Giri (NA)     09 March 2014

Mutation of land

Dear Experts, Please submit your valuable replies: That one of my friend purchased a House which was situated in West Bengal and the area was Muncipality area, with sale registered deed and registered in the ADSR registry office,in the year 2000, soon then he was involve in some personal problem which was indispensable and he did not mutated the said land in his own name but now after 14 years he wants to mutate the land and for this reason he several time approached the BL & LRO office. But they did not supported him or they are avoiding the application which was made by him for mutation. Kindly tell me - 1) What is the process of mutation and conversion under West Bengal Land Reform Act? 2) What are the role played by the BL & LRO in term of mutation? 3) If the BL & LRO is not taking any step in favor of mutation where to ask for the mutation? 4) What are the documents required for mutation? Thanking You.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 March 2014

By reference of Land Reforms Act, I understand that your land is effected by Ceiling. That means the Government acquires (Acquisition) lands for governmental purposes by paying compensation at Government rate. If your entire land is acquired, then we are helpless. But if part of the land is acquired, the remaining land will be your own property. The land which is purchased by your friend if falls within the remaining land, then it is ok. You can get it mutated in the revenue records. But if the land falls within the acquired land, your friend will not get even an inch of land and the whole amount he paid will be lost and even the registered sale deed will become futile. Any way give full particulars. If you have any doubts contact 7893011777.

Neeraj Kumar Giri (NA)     11 March 2014

Dear Ravinder Sir,

I would like to tell you that the Land is not acquired by Government,but he wants to mutation and conversion but due to the behavior of  BL&LRO it became hard to mutation. So, kindly suggest me that Should a RTI Application in this regard help me because I met several time to BL & LRO they just misguided my friend and me. So, I have asked an information through RTI that:

1) What is the process of mutation of Land?

2) What are the documents required for mutation of land?

3) What are the fees or charges for mutation?

Should this help me to solve me problem.

kindly suggest me.

Neeraj Kumar Giri (NA)     11 March 2014

Dear Ravinder Sir,

I would like to tell you that the Land is not acquired by Government,but he wants to mutation and conversion but due to the behavior of  BL&LRO it became hard to mutation. So, kindly suggest me that Should a RTI Application in this regard help me because I met several time to BL & LRO they just misguided my friend and me. So, I have asked an information through RTI that:

1) What is the process of mutation of Land?

2) What are the documents required for mutation of land?

3) What are the fees or charges for mutation?

Should this help me to solve me problem.

kindly suggest me.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 March 2014

If it is not acquired by Government, then you can very well apply for mutation in the concerned Mandal Revenue Office, you have to furnish the sale deed and revenue records from whom you have purchased. Relating to the procedure and fee, the MRO staff will explain you.  If there is no response, inspite of giving application, after waiting for abut 3 months you have to file a Writ Petition making the MRO, Collector and Revenue Ministry as parties. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register