LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujit Jain (-)     01 March 2014

German citizen marrying an indian citizen

Hi my name is Sujit I am an Indian citizen and I live in Mumbai and my gf lives is Germany and she is a German citizen. 

Now after doing research we got to know that getting married in India is easier than getting married in Germany.

But I am finding it more difficult to get married in India than in Germany may be cuz I have less information about this So i really really really need help from people who as more knowledge about this and from people who has already married a german/foreigner.

1- Is it necessary for my gf to get a singlehood certificate from germany or we can get married in Mumbai without this letter ?

2- to be on the safer side I asked her to get a certificate of siglehood but the german "Standesamt" (registrar office ) is asking my single hood certificate to release her single hood certificate from germany. ( which i am finding bit weird )

3- they are also asking me to send my original birth certificate for verification and I am afraid to send the original document in post if they get lost.

you can get in touch with me at sj30888 @ gmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

Sujit Jain (-)     01 March 2014

you can get in touch with me sj30888 @ gmail.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 March 2014

• Citizenship of two or more nations - one or both spouses must change citizenship or become a dual citizen or permanent resident. Changing one's citizenship can be a long process, and for some it is an ordeal of negotiating the laws and language of a new country.

Sujit Jain (-)     02 March 2014

I am only concerned about marriage at first, thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register