LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal Mittal (Financial Consultant)     14 January 2014

Court fees as per marriage valuation

After accepting the agreed fees and verification done in Court my lawyer suddenly told me that according to my marriage valuation the court fees of 16580 has to be paid for filing of divorce case. This sound very strange to me as I have never heard of something like that. How can the court arrive at the valuation of my marriage without even asking for my Income details. Is it true that there is such a procedure?

Learning

3 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     14 January 2014

No the lawyer is misleading you there is no such procedure. Your wife may seek interim maintenance and alimony from you.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     14 January 2014

No the lawyer is misleading you there is no such procedure. Your wife may seek interim maintenance and alimony from you.

Damayanti (Unemployed)     14 January 2014

On next hearing date before court,

when your lawyer starts talking ............................... Suddenly present the following purshis to Hon'ble Judge as follows:

Purshis means "litigants verbal statement made in writing"

The standard heading of petition i.e.

name of court, place

suit no  ____ (for ..divorce/RCR etc... ) and court no. ____

Name of petitioner

vs

Name of Respondent

PURSHIS

The above named Petitioner-Husband respectfully submits the PURSHIS as follows that:

1. The Petitioner has been instructed by his lawyer named as _ld. Adv.___XYZ ______  that the Petitioner has to pay Rs. _______,  towards the valuations fees of his marriage with  respondent-wife, into this Hon'ble Court for the purpose of this divorce suit filed by the Petitioner

2. The Petitioner hereby states that the Petitioner would be able to pay the same in installments as per the mode of payments as this this Hon'ble Court would be happy to direct the Petitioner, or in cash after such permission is granted by this Hon'ble Family/Civil Court.

HENCE THE PURSHIS.

Name, date and signature of Petitioner just like in main Petition

And give the same to judge when your lawyer is especially present there !!!! You yourself give this Judge/clerk youself!!!!

You may give the above in hand writting as well on ledger paper!!

And just see the reaction!!!!

No stamps required!!!!

Cheers

Also keep a xerox of the same ready.

Certainly court would get angry on your lawyer and (but the drawback is .....) your lawyer would join hands with opposite party and also would try to poison your next lawyer's mind as well.

beware!!!

Rest would be dealt by the Court!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register