Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VENUGOPAL (NA)     21 December 2013

Ancestor property share

Dear

My wife's grand father has shared his property to her 3 sons.  My uncle (wife's father) is one of them.

He got his share of land value 1 crore . Because of some disputes, I helped to my uncle for getting

his share.  At the time of helping, he was promised to give 10 lac money, but now refusing to give.

So this property belongs to my wife's grand father.

Any right to get share from the above property of 1 crore (my wife's grand father) to my wife.

One of my friend told me that there is a right to get grand father's property to his grand sons.

Please suggest / advise how to get the share

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     21 December 2013

Dear Venugopal,

Your Wife gets an undivided share in the properties acquired by your father-in-law but she cannot claim the share in the property till the death of your father-in-law. However, without knowledge of your wife, your father-in-law cannot sale the property.

VENUGOPAL (NA)     21 December 2013

Thank u sir !  But without our knowledge (my wife), my father-in-law sold the property and got advance 50 lack and remaining will get after registering the property.

Please advise for further step.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 December 2013

If it is an ancestral property of your wife's grand father he had no right to sell entire property.  At the most he could have sold the property to the extent of his share.  If it is ancestral property then your wife has got share, if not she has no right.

She can issue a notice to your father in law for partition and separate possession of her share and even you can approach civil court for grant of injunction restraining your father-in- law to sell the properties.

She can issue a notice to your father in law for partition and separate possession of her share and even you can approach civil court for grant of injunction restraining your father-in- law to sell the properties.

dkshankar (Advocate)     24 December 2013

I agree with Ad Narasimha Tao opinion.

shivakumar.d (production manager)     17 August 2014

hello all,

my grandfather had agricultural lands about 3 acres,he died ,he had two sons ,one is my uncle was the first son,he also died,and my father as second son,he also died.my uncle is having two sons leaving behind his wife,elder son is died leaving behind his wife along with one male child,the second son of my uncle is married his brother's wife ,got another son.my father has got two sons myself and my brother.now my uncle second son is asking to make partition,how to make division,pls anyone suggest me

d.shivakumar

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     18 August 2014

Dear Shiva Kumar,

Your grand fathers property of 3 acres shall be distributed among the family of your father and your uncle's family. since they have already died. being the legal heirs of your father, yourself, your mother, brother and sisters if any are entitled to share one and half acres in equal proportions towards your father's share and remaining balance land admeasuring one and half acre shall be distributed among the family members of your uncle i.e uncle's wife, uncle's son and uncle's daughters if  any towards your uncle's share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register