LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (Analyst)     16 December 2013

Central excise

My company is an EPC co. of china and bagged a contract of PSU . Under notification CE-34/2012 dated 10.09.2012, our project is eligible for excise exemption  where exemption benefit is removed for all other mega power projects but client is confused in giving us exemption certfificate for the following reason:

1. We are chinese company working in India.  but my take is we are having one project office in india(licensed office) and this contract will be executed from Indian project office only.

Kindly suggest whether exemption certificate is to be provided by client to my company. if not, kindly suggest a way out.

Learning

2 Replies

Ramesh Chandra Verma (advocate)     22 December 2013

You are referring Excise Notification whereas you are talking about supply of goods by your China company.Of course excise exemption is available for Mega Power Projects. During my working in the Excise dept., I have allowed  parties to clear excisable goods without payment of duty on the strength of certificate provided by the user company . Your Query is not clear.

R C Verma/Mob: 09810525780 / 0888 281 281 8

advrcverma@gmail.com

Divya (Analyst)     23 December 2013

Thanks for replying. my query is same whether a chinese company  suppling goods in india on behalf of Indian client is eligible for Excise exemption. If yes, pls share the source of any documentary proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register