LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jai kishan (victim)     15 December 2013

Computer generated bill/invoice

How can a computer generated bill of a fridge can be proved in a court of law? On purchase of the fridge, the shopkeeper/ authorised dealer provided me a computer generated bill of the same which was signed and stamped by him. The bill also bears a valid TIN number. "Original copy" is written on top of the bill. Now, I need to place this bill in the court in a 498a case. Is it essential for the shopkeeper to produce a compact disc (CD) containing the details of that bill in the court or the shopkeeper's copy of the original bill (i.e. hard copy of the original bill which was kept by the shopkeeper for his records at the time of the purchase) will be sufficient to prove the bill in the court?

Thanks,

Jai Kishan

Learning

1 Replies

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     16 December 2013

Dear Jai Kishan Whatever you bills have either computer generated or handwritten or on challan book etc must be backed up by proper back up. Please note when any transaction happens there are so many other transaction which happens automatically in background. Like in case of supply related purchase VAT must be on bill and same needs to be submitted by seller to goverment. Otherwise bill will not be treated as genuine. Same applicable in services also. Servics tax must be deposited to govt. In case if seller is not doing this. He can Save himself from any penalty by saying his company letterhead and stamp is being mis used. But this will happen in rare case further there are other backup documents like deliverychallan service reports etc which can be produced in court as a evidence. Please do not try to submit false bills seller have so many options to save themself by simply saying letter heads are being mis used by someone in that case you will be traped under forgery because what ever you submit must go to rti by other party. regards Well wisher

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register