Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

goklani hemant (asst. prof)     07 December 2013

Relaxation from election duty

sir,

I am assistant professor in self financed private engineering college giving professional education. My institute is managed by private management and not getting any financial help from any govt. body.

is it compulsory for me to perform the election duty?

If allocated me the election duty, then how to get relaxation from it. please suggest me the supporting laws or judgements or the ways to get relaxation.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2013

academic query.  hove you been appointed on ED.

goklani hemant (asst. prof)     17 December 2013

i was assigned ED in gujarat assembly polls last year.  so please respond following query

"I am assistant professor in self financed private engineering college giving professional education. My institute is managed by private management and not getting any financial help from any govt. body.

is it compulsory for me to perform the election duty?

If allocated me the election duty, then how to get relaxation from it. please suggest me the supporting laws or judgements or the ways to get relaxation."

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     13 January 2014

first of all election commission can not  send you to ED and if he sending you then you dont move to election duty............because you are not govt. employee..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2014

representation of peoples act section 26 : anyone can be appointed presiding officer or polling officer who is not a party worker.

hence I am not able to agree to above views.

relaxation can be purely on persons ground only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register