LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     06 December 2013

False dowry what happens ?

Dear experts After mediation fails in CAW. CAW had not register the case on my wife complain under 498a because women cell ladies knows she is lying. Now what option my wife have ? And what I have to doo to safe myself ? Regards 498a equals frauds

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     11 December 2013

Hello,

The CAW cell does not register the criminal case under section 498a IPC. This is left to the police station under whose jurisdiction the wife lives. What the CAW cell can do is to forward the complaint to the police station for filing the FIR. This takes some time as it has to be approved by the superior officers in the CAW cell. But you can be sure that they are bound to forward the case and there will be a FIR lodged against you. The best course of action for you right now is to file for anticipatory bail as you know that they will be coming soon to arrest you. It would be best if you get yourself a good lawyer who can represent you and get you bail and make sure you don't end up languishing in jail.

Regards,

Advocate Ashok Kumar; www.lawkonect.com

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     11 December 2013

Thank you Sir for reply but I saw in one case also where inspector reject one girl's statement stating you must have some proof to show in court. I will not register your case said by CAW IO to girl. But IO further advise her you can file case directly in court then only FIR can be register. Please advice. Shall I wait ? Regards 498 = frauds

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     11 December 2013

Thank you Sir for reply but I saw in one case also where inspector reject one girl's statement stating you must have some proof to show in court. I will not register your case said by CAW IO to girl. But IO further advise her you can file case directly in court then only FIR can be register. Please advice. Shall I wait ? Regards 498 = frauds

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register