LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishabh Raj (Lawyer)     18 November 2013

Public interest litigation

Respected fellow forum members, the administrators of lawyersclubindia and any person who is reading this. I am a student of Symbiosis Law School, Noida.

Today evening I would like every-one to draw their attention to a very fundamental problem in our country, the issue of construction of roads. I, as done by many, won't bicker about the quality of materials used and/ or the rate of repair work done but I would like to flip the coin this time and talk about the procedure of construction of roads in India and compare it with the rest of the world.

Everywhere, except India and countries that are under-developed, construction of roads starts from the destruction and scrapping of the previous asphalt on the said under-construction road. however, in India, layers after layers of asphalt/ concrete and pathway is added to the existing road without destructing the already lying road. This in turn raises the being of the said road to a very considerable extent and increases the basic ground levels.

My residence in Lucknow has been declared to be below the road-level which results in the excessive flooding. Such is the case in many other places facing similar fiasco! Delhi, a metropolitan city also faces the same problem and it is something we would all agree upon.

I am posting this in the lawyersclubindia forum for I believe that only when I see proper response  to my problem will I realize that it is something troubling the normal public equally. only then will I move forward with this Public Interest Litigation. 

Thanking you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register