LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangeetha Iyer (nil)     18 November 2013

Domestic violence

Now my case is in the evidence stage.On 16th Nov was the hearing. Judge just asked me whatever I stated istrue

The court was asking for original marriage certificate. Is it mandatory to produce original marriage certificate. Is copy not enough. Not only that I know there is a provision under DV for compensation. We both are willing to live together. Can I get compensation from him / request the court to grant compensation and go back with him? Please clarify. It is cross questioning in the next stage, supposing he wishes to say he is taking back can he say at that point of time?

Learning

3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     18 November 2013

First of all i want to ask you more questions............

Has there been any mediation between you and your husband? Has the court directed you to go for mediation? what was the mediation report/order? 

You have to show original marriage certificate in the court to prove marriage. copy is not enough in this stage.

When you both are willing to live together then why do u need compensation??????????

yes he can say at any point of time that he is willing to take you back

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 November 2013

The rule is the familiar one requiring production of the original of a document to prove its contents, expanded to include writings, recordings, and photographs, as defined

2BHelpfull (Other)     19 November 2013

original document must be submited in the court.it depend on the court ,but u can move back only if the other party is ready to take u back after all this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register