LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK GEORGE (Managing Director)     24 September 2009

release deed

i asked my father for property to be transfered in my name so as to i could go ahead with my life and business. i willed for a complete partition and am willing to hold no further claim to his any other property.

he consulted a legal advisor in the capacity of a high court advocate.

his options were that i should get as a gifty one part of the property while another is to be also gifted along with a release deed.

my queries:-

1, what is a release deed??? what are the documentation charges???

2, i have a younger brother and an elder sister. will they have rights on any of the property that is given to me in this process?

3, what is the counsel charges normally???

Learning

5 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     24 September 2009

pl look at file section one release deed speciman is alread given b me you can download it and suitabley change it. Hope this will help you.  

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 September 2009

If the properties are self earned properties of your father then he can transfer it to any body./  In ur case if your father transferred the property in ur name ur brother and sister will have no share.

Release deed : giving up the Rights over the property to others, it is also known as rights relinauish deed.

When property is self earned not ancentral then father can bequethed to any body by his will or by way of gift deed and none of your relative can ask for share.

Yes right - it is rights relinquish Deed.

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     26 September 2009

When propery is self acquired , then it is right to execute registered release deed in favour of you from your father. The stamp duty is varied from each state, you may  go nearest register office you will get all information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register