LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (officer)     26 October 2013

Tamilnadu marriage act for inter-religious couple

I am a hindu and my girl friend is a christian. We are getting married before our parents and family in a simple non-religious ceremony. After our wedding, can we register our marriage under Tamilnadu Marriage Act (a) Tamilnadu Compulsory Marriage Act? Or should I put 30 days notice and register under Special Marriage Act? Pls note that both of us do not wish to convert to other religion.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 October 2013

You are both different religion citizens. Therefore register under special marriage act.

Sreenivasa Rao. S. (Business)     26 October 2013

Yes, I agree  with Sri. Ramachary.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2013

Since you both belong to different religions, your marriage being an inter religion marriage can be registered only under the provisions of The special Marriage Act.  In this,  both of your status with regard to your respective religions will remain in tact.  Therefore observe the procedure to be followed under the provisions of the said Act and live a happy married life for ever. 

Fazil   03 February 2016

Respected Sir's/ Madam's,

I am Muslim and my wife is Christian, We are registered our marriage under Special marriage Act in Trichy as on dated 04.04.14. Now Our family has accepted our Marriage. If there is any benefits applicable for our marriage ? If yes, Kindly give your suggestions, How to apply? What are all the documents needed? Where it can be Apply.

Now am currently working in chennai.

Thanks for your time..

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     03 February 2016

Govrernment grants rewards to inter caste marriage couples, which varies from 25000 to 1,50,000 but it varies from state to state.

please contact your local lawyer. he will guide you thoroughly.

Good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register