Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samy (manager)     07 October 2013

Do signed letter valid for any legal actions???

Respected Sir/Madam I was working in a proprietor firm for past 5.5 years. They were doing a trading business. It was registered company VAT, CST and IEC. During my service they have not given me any appointment letter, salary slip, esi, pf or no mediclaim. but they credit salary in my bank account for all past years. I helped one of my customer by giving a supplier name to buy parts as my company stopped giving service to them due to some payment issues. Also as they we abroad they need some parts from INDIA i purchased in delhi and couried them for which they made me payment also. When this matter come to my company notice, immediate they forced me to resign job and took a letter from me stating i will not engage in similar business activities nor contact any of their supplier and customer. Is my given signed eligible for any legal action?? i signed letter due to their compulsion. Now can i start my own business in the similar field i was working for them?? Can i buy product from the same supplier or sell to same customer to whom my ex-company do?? kindly clear my above doubts?? thanks samy

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 October 2013

Dear samy

my opinion on your queries are as under:

Is my given signed eligible for any legal action??

Opinion: No, this latter is not any legal entity, they can not do any thing wrong against you or not entitled to take any legal action against you

i signed letter due to their compulsion. Now can i start my own business in the similar field i was working for them?

Opinion: its your fundamental right to start your own business, no body can restrain you.

Can i buy product from the same supplier or sell to same customer to whom my ex-company do??

Opinion: yes, you can do that, no body can restrain you to do that.

Feel Free to Call

samy (manager)     08 October 2013

Dear sir, thanks for your prompt positive reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register