LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MonuDeepPune (Service)     15 September 2009

Property registration - Person in US.

I am in the USA working here on H1 Visa. My brother is in India. I need to buy a new property from builder. What is the procedure for getting the registration done. I cannot travel to india and want by brother to do the registration on my name. Please advice

1. What all documents would be required from me?

2. How do my brother do the registration on my name?

3 Will I get a loan in India? What documents are requird for loan.

Learning

5 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     15 September 2009

You can execute  GPA in favour of Your brother to purchase the property in your name to present  & sing on your behalf before the SRO and to do all the required Registration acts and to take delivery of the docuement .

and

to Avail the laon in you name  , to execute loan documents  and to create Mortgage on your proeprty in favour of Bnak- Use respective  Bnak GPA  Proforma  

Get the GPA attested by the Ambessy/Counsulate - and send the same to your brother

1 Like

MonuDeepPune (Service)     15 September 2009

Sorry if my question does not makes sense but I am very new to this.

Do I need to execute two GPA, one for bank loan and one for registration?

Where do I get the formate of these GPA?

Do I just go to the consulate and sign and send the GPS by post to my brother? What else is required in the process?

prasad k. sonar (Bussiness)     15 September 2009

Mr. jaideep, Just type general power of attorney on plain paper and go in Indian Ambassy. remember ur passport and Identification papers with u. registere it with Indian Ambasodor. and send it to your brother's name and address. whenever he will get in India. He has to produce that G.P.A. within three months, to The Collector of stamps, in city. He will authonticate that G.P.A. and your brother will be able to purchase the property for and my name of you.

1 Like

prasad k. sonar (Bussiness)     15 September 2009

U have to fix u'r latest colour photograph with left  thumb impression it is necessary to registration process. and just one G.P.A. for u'r all legal and lawfull process u will give the signing authourity to u'r brother.

1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     15 September 2009

Jaideep

You need not execute two GPA's, one for the loan and the other for registration, one GPA is sufficient for the purpose of loan and registration.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register