Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nik Kannan (Engineer)     23 September 2013

Scams

Sir,

I really need help on the below

We have got some scam emails like nigerian scam emails stating that they will release large funds of money if we deposit some intial funds. My dad believes these emails and sends the money using Western union/Money gram. The receiver nigerian acknowledges and calls my dad and convinces my dad that its final stage on releasing the funds.

I know that guy has been cheating my dad and he received several lakhs of money.

I have explained to my dad that these are fake, and showed various other nigerian scam details from the internet. But he doesnt belive and he still thinks he is gonna get money from nigerian people.

I am tired of explaining and he doesnt listen to me.

Can you tell me legally what should i do to stop him ?

If I file a complaint in cyber crime will that help ?

Please advice.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2013

Approaching the Cyber Crime Police is the only relief, do it immediately

Nik Kannan (Engineer)     23 September 2013

I dont know how cyber crime works - please clarify if i file a cyber crime complaint that my dad is cheated by nigerians on account of nigerian scams asking him money. My dad doesnt understand it is bogus and he continues to deposit. 1) Wat proof is needed to show ? like EMAILS sent by them and receipts of any transaction ? 2) How will it affect my dad- will they take him for further interrogation?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2013

I wish your father is losing money only. Such greeds are more unfortunate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register