Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh (engineer)     13 August 2013

Query regarding flat

dear sir,

i have make a deal of penta house in gazipur of zirakpur area on no EMI for 12 months.the deal was made for rs.6210161. 15% of the total was paid on deal day and hdfc bank has sanctioned 80%.. today bank has disbursed a cheque of rs. 4240314/- as 75% and rest  will be paid later. today i got a call from builder office to pay the tax.of rs.143542(Not exact it was 1.40lac somthing) to pay govt. but  the receipt of  the tax is actually issued by builder. alongwith cheque the bank has give me a FRIL calculation for builder it shows disburseable amount rs. 4657621 bt the ceque is given for rs.4240314/- and the tax the are asking is calculated on 4657621.please tell me that it is accurate or we are cheated by builder.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 August 2013

the tax which the builder is asking is Service Tax. The said tax is to be borne by the builder only. but builders pass on the tax to the flat purchasers.

you need to first ask the builder in writing  to provide you with the receipt that he had paid the said service tax to the Government of India. 

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

rajesh (engineer)     15 August 2013

dear sir

i had put the issue to give me the govt. receipt. they told that they  dont submit the tx individually bt in whole so denied. the builder charge the service tax from all client. it there any way that a purchaser can save this amount on the basis of service they these builder charge illegally.

rajesh

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 August 2013

kindly call on the below number for the futher assistance.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register