Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh (TL)     11 August 2013

Impounding / revocation of passport

Dear Sir,

My passport was issued from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, in 2007 under Tatkal scheme. Due to some unavoidable reasons , I was not present at time of police verification. I received a show cause notice in 2008 from Passport Office to which I replied with full explanation and supporting documents. And requested Passport Office to send Verification again on the same address (attaching reply for your reference). I did not received any correspondence from Passport Office after that and also police verification did not happened.

SinceJan-2013, I am working and residing in Saudi Arabia on resident Permit.

My father has received a notice from Passport Office for Impounding/Revoking my passport at my Indian address mentioned on passport. 

Kindly request you to suggest next step to resolve this matter.

Learning

9 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 August 2013

When you come to india you met the officer personaly or Issue legal notice to the passport officer.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     11 August 2013

pl read Passport Act for your answer

search in google.

Ritesh (TL)     11 August 2013

I have spoken to passport officer on phone. He is saying that passport may get impounded at airport. 

Can I apply for Police verification while abroad through Indian embessay?

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     11 August 2013

Your passport is impounded/Revocked you challange order of the Passport officer in the High  court and as a interim messure you get stay of order of Passport officer.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     11 August 2013

pl contact Indian Embassy

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     11 August 2013

Dear Sir,

As been rightly said by one of my brother lawyer you must move the High court with  petition seeking writ of certiorarified mandamus.

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

dont panic..first you have no criminal records on you, second you are working for a company there..

come to india..explain the situation to the passport officer and they will resend police verification..finish the verification and get back to saudi..take ten days leave there and fly to india..if required take a lawyer with you..

V Kumar (Manager)     06 November 2013

Hi Ritesh,

Hope your passport issue got resolved.

Can you please outline the steps you took? And what happened finally?

Thank you.

Varatha (Software Engineer)     15 September 2014

Hi Rithesh,

Did you get your passport issue sorted ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register