Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaik Mahaboob (marine engineer)     17 July 2013

Distribution of property

Good morning all,

I am a muslim and have gone through the quranic verses regarding the property distribution, but i could not understand it well and felt very confusing. The first thing I would like to know is, if the Islamic Shariah is the same as the law of Indian constitution, is the Islamic Shariah law that is followed in court as well, or is it dealt by the religious heads, if somebody is not satisfied with what the religious heads have to say then can he approach the court of law for justice.

Now the actual situation is that, my maternal grandfather died without leaving a will. He had three children, i.e one son and two daughters. if the property has to be distributed among the three, how is it to be done( as per Islamic law and the judicial law ( or is it he same in both)). Note that my grand mother is still alive. Does she have any right to distribute the property by her wish or is she also merely a part of it.

One among the daughters is my mother and her brother is not very interested in this distribution and giving excuses trying to get the complete property all by himself. So plz kindly advice as to what is the right of both the daughters in the property and my mother's share in the property and how can we claim it??

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register