Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vilva Sabarikanth (President)     27 June 2013

Capex & maintenance calculations

Hi All,

We are running the owner's welfare association for our apartment and managing the day-to-day activities and some improvements.

In one of the meetings, the question has been raised in Maintenance Charges & Capex Amount for the 2BHK and 3 BHK houses.

Just to give a quick background, we recently implemented the Water Meters in our apartment and seggregated the water expenses from the general maintenance. So people have questioned:

1. Why should we have the per sq.ft based charges for the general maintenance, as all the houses are using the same amenities and there is no difference between a 2 BHK and 3 BHK? The general maintenance should be shared equally by all the apartments right?

2. Should the CAPEX money be collected equally for a 2 BHK & 3 BHK house or it should be based on per sq.ft charges, as the CAPEX will act as a buffer to suffice our general maintenance?

We couldn't take up any immediate decisions on this front. So we are still continuing the same way how we were doing it (per sq.ft based charges) though the water charges are removed from genral maintenance. 

Your valuable suggestions & decisions will help us in resolving any concensus raised related to this.

Thanks,
Vilva Sabarikanth 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2013

equal is right

Akshata (project analyst)     27 June 2015

vilva, did you happen to find a solution? i have the same issue.. 3bhk is a minority in my apartment and majority is 2bhk. if we go for voting its obvious that it would be on sqft basis but its not fair on 3bhk people since every one is using the same common resources.. i am seekinf legal help or guidence 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register