Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AS........ (service)     21 June 2013

It rectification issue

Dear Members,

Please help me urgently with following query.

I submitted ITR-1 online for AY 2012-13 (FY 2011-12) in June 2012. However, the ITR has been processed now in June 2013 and there is a demand of more than Rs. 10000/-, whereas, as per total income the demand should be nil. I realised that I had made a mistake in ITR. Instead of filling 'The income from salary' in  item 1 of schedule "Income Details", I filled a figure including some of the salary arrears (given as other income in Form 16) thus inflating the salary income to more than actual value. Though the total income including 'other sources' is matching, but the figure of salary is not matching with the figure given in schedule TDS. Now there is demand. I feel, I am supposed to file a rectification request online giving reference to intimation under section 143(1).

Please tell, (i) whether I should make a revised ITR to be uploaded?

(ii) Any other thing / action which learned members can suggest.

It is sure that there is no tax dues on me and tax as per total income has been paid well in time. I want to resolve this descrepency.

Thanx in advance.

AS

Learning

4 Replies

VISHNU PROMOD SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     21 June 2013

U are advised to file rectificatation request u/s154 .

1 Like

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     22 June 2013

queries:      (i) whether I should make a revised ITR to be uploaded?

(ii) Any other thing / action which learned members can suggest.

ANSWER:    (I) YES.

(ii) File a Stay Petition before the Assessing Officer, requesting for stay, explaining the circumstances.

Vanshaj (Studying Law)     30 June 2013

No sir i think u must file a rectification request u/s 154 by making correction in the data.

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     30 June 2013

As the error was originally committed by the tax-payer himself, and not by the Assessing Officer, it is for the tax-payer  to file a valid revised return showing the correct income. The AO has not committed any mistake which he can/must correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register