LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devaiah (student)     14 June 2013

Formalities to be complied with after change of company name

Hi, I would like to  know the regulations( circular, notifications, case laws, guidelines )  which lays down the formailities to be complied with AFTER the change of  name of a private company under Section 23 of the Companies Act, 1956. 

Like for example: One of the formaties is  to change the name of the company in the existing share certificate etc, by either affixing of stickers on share certificates or printing new certificates.

Do I need to pay stamp Duty on re issue of  new certificates under the new company name?

Are there any regulations in this regard? 

Regards,

Devaiah

Learning

1 Replies

Atlas Eva (CEO)     14 June 2013

Hi, I would like to  know the regulations( circular, notifications, case laws, guidelines )  which lays down the formailities to be complied with AFTER the change of  name of a private company under Section 23 of the Companies Act, 1956. 

Like for example: One of the formaties is  to change the name of the company in the existing share certificate etc, by either affixing of stickers on share certificates or printing new certificates.

Do I need to pay stamp Duty on re issue of  new certificates under the new company name?

Are there any regulations in this regard? 

Regards,

Devaiah

only sticking of stiker for change of name is enough

apply for change in pan card and in sales tax registration if any

also change in Shop act license if any

also intimate ur stakeholder via email or post

also get new copies of MoA and AoA printed

also intimate bankers

and people with who u have made agreements

Oovesh Sarabhai

Practising Company Secretary & Trademarks Attorney

Mumbai