Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok K Gupta (Assistant Registrar)     12 June 2013

Evaluation of tender and finalization

Sir/ Madam

Greetings!!

I am purchase officer in a government institute. 

I have few questions over which I wish to be enlightened with the experts' guidance.

• As per the GFR, maximum 10% can be asked in form Performance Guarantee from a party to safeguard the interest, but the Director is asking me to mention 20%. What would be the repercussion of asking 20% PBG 
  • Many-a-time we invite Quotations from different suppliers for various items in two-bid system. The invitation clearly mentions that price should be submitted in a separate envelop, else it will be rejected. But sometimes due to mistake party quote its price in techno-commercial offer. My question is whether we can still consider its offer (as after opening the price bid, it is found that the offer being reject is lowest one) and if so, would there be any adverse effect at our institute? If not, can we go for the second lowest offer.
  • Sometime the difference is noticed in the offer of the party, where Amount in words differ from the amount in figure. Under this circumstance, I have read somewhere that quotation in words should prevail. But still your valued advice is sought

Please enlighten with your valued advice and help me strengthening my execution.

Warm regards

Ashok K Gupta

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register