Upgrad LLM

help with tramission

Hi Guys,

Need your help with tramission of shares related quieres. My father has physical shares with some of the companies. He past away in 1994. He had two wife. I am his son from the second wife. We live in the same house my stepmom, my mom and Me. We have already issued a Heirship certificate from the court. Now, I am tryin to get the shares transmitted, Is it possibile I can transmit them under my name ? Or do I have to transmit them under my stepmother since she is the 1st wife ? Or Should I get a succession certificate issued ?

Please sugguest.


You need to get the succession certificate. However, if other legal heirs provides you with no objection, the same may be tendered and get the name trasnferred in your name. Now that there is depository system. And, therefore, you need to open an account, where computerized entry would be effected. 

Total likes : 2 times


Thank you Sir for your reply on the matter the following are the documents that the company requires.


Ø      A copy of a Succession Certificate / Probate Of Will / Letters of Administration, certified by the issuing Court. (I only have the heirship certificate)


Ø      A copy of the Death Certificate of Mr. Ziauddin Ali Dalvi attested by a Notary Public / Gazetted Officer (the details of the attesting Official should be clearly visible on the document). The copy of the same sent vide your earlier letter, does not bear the required attestation.


Ø      Self attested copy of the Pan Card of each legal heir.


As part of our efforts towards protecting shareholder's interests, we would also be requiring the following additional documents as proof of identification for the legal heir(s) :


Ø      Specimen signature of the legal heir, duly attested by his/her Bankers on the Bank letterheads, providing details of the Bank Accounts maintained  alongwith a cancelled cheque leaf pertaining to their given Bank account.


Ø      Self attested copy of  Passport / Driving Licence / Voters Identity Card (any one) of the legal heir.

Is it okay if I send only the heirship certf or do I need to send a no objection from heir to the company as well ?


You may also have to submit an affidevit, an indeminity Bond (by all legal heirs and indepandant executer), Stamped letter of rennounciation ( by heirs in whose name the shares are not to be transferred). All these documents should be on the language prescribed by the Company, Please request the Company to send you the language / format of the above and other documents required. Succession certificate is costly and time consuming process.


Nothing to add more. Also follow what Shri Goyal, Learned Advocate has stated.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x