Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayshree (Inspector)     20 August 2009

Maternity Benefit

Dear Madam/Sir,

For getting ESI benefit employee has 10000 salary limit. As per my knowledge ESI is covering medicalim as well as maternity benefit.  If any lady employee crosses 10000 salary limit, which insurance can we provide her which will covering both facilities mediclaim and maternity.

Thanking you

Jayshri

Learning

8 Replies

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     20 August 2009

Dear Jayashree

If any female employee has crossed the salary of Rs. 10,000 she will be covered by Maternity Benefit Act 1961, whereby she can claim 12 weeks salalry as the Maternity benefit from her employer.

There are various private insurance company which provide the Mediclaim Insurance + Maternity treatment expenses reimbursement.

However any such payment is in addition to the benefit under Maternity Benefit Act.

badrinath (Sr.Manager-human resources)     20 August 2009

pl. note that employees drawing more than Rs.10,000/ pm  are "exempted employees' and they dont come under the purview of the ESI Act. the respected organisations can formulate their own medical policy  for their employees  but  it  cant be compared at  par with the ESI benefits.

jayshree (Inspector)     20 August 2009

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

Will you tell me if there are any insurance company which is providing mediclaim and maternity benefit. Actually i am trying to find insurance company which will cover both benefits. I need its total information if possible.  Now we have mediclaim and personal accident insurance (whom are not  applicable for ESI).  But both are not covering maternity issue. So we are searching another insurance which will cover both.

Jayshri

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     25 August 2009

Dear Jayashree

Maternity Benefit is the matter of Negotiation at the time of taking coverage for mediclaim. Just speak to your existing insurance provider (MEDICLAIM) and ask them to include the maternity benefit in insuarnce cover. Definately they will include the the benefit in cover but will charge additional premium for that cover.

badrinath (Sr.Manager-human resources)     25 August 2009

insurance coverage  is  normally  given  for  unforseen  accidents or  diseases  which are not heridetary.as per my knowledge , insurance companies will not provide coverage for maternity since "insurance" is for meeting out unexpected diseases/ accidents and not for regular feature.suggest , your company can form a policy for maternity benefit for exempted employees. also, you can clarify with insurance companies.  

jayshree (Inspector)     25 August 2009

Thank you sirs,

We have already spoken with our insurance agent, but she told us, if we take 100 employees insurance then, they can provide us maternity benefit.  But presently it is not possible to us. 

In this situation can company give same faciltiy to their lady employee, like esi 84 days leave with 90% pay?  Is it possible? is it in rule?

badrinath (Sr.Manager-human resources)     25 August 2009

its all individual company policy. there is no rure for these and all. if  more benefits are  given  to employees  law will  not  stand against it.

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     04 September 2009

Dear Jayshree

Those who (Ladies)are not covered under ESI act for Maternity benefit are covered under Maternity Benefit Act 196. Please see the act its provisions are complusory for employers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register