Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Mehta (Associate Advocate)     18 May 2013

Legal implications

Hello,

I am preparing for my exams. Please help me out with my question as early as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘A’, an affluent minor, lent money to Ram, his neighbour, who agreed to repay it with interest within 5 years. The money remain unpaid for several years thereafter. Upon being sued, Ram argued that the agreement itself was void as ‘A’ was minor. Discuss the legal implications.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.Agreement by any major person with a minor is not void but rather voidable by the minor.

2.Agreement by minor with any major person is void,but restitution can be ordered depending upon the circumstances and other factors affecting the situation.

3.Necessaries supplied to a disabled minor by any major person is to be reimbursed from the estate of minors.

Further....

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register