Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hi to Lawyers from Kerala

Page no : 2

premkumar perumal (Executive)     09 December 2009

Hai!  to all lawyers of kerala.  As I hail from Calicut, lawyers very cooperative.

I find the Laws are different from one state to other. I am born at Calicut but brought up at Mumbai.  All it requires is more openess were common man can also participate.

Sivadas Chettur (Chartered accountant)     14 December 2009

I have gone through your questions. But I require more facts . You may also elaborate a little more. Any way this Ozhimuri is a document which is excecuted when you relinquish your share in a property. I fail to understand how such a document is required when a person settles his loan with a coperative bank. I feel that there will not be a tax liability under the Income Tax Act (Sec 56) assuming that the ozhimuri is in favour of the relatives listed in that section.

Regarding the second question generally speaking you may have to pay service tax if the relationsip is that of a contracor and client. But if the agreement is to bulid and then transfer the property then there will not be any service tax as per the circular issued by CBEC in january 2009. But the matter is now pending before the Supreme court. So you may pay the service tax to the contractor but make a claim directly with the department WITH IN 1 year from the date of the said payment.

You may also be visited with the liability under the Kerala Value Added Tax Act where there are facilities for compounding etc for the contractor. As an awarder you have the liability to deduct tax at source from the payments you make to contractors.

Regarding the stamp duty you will have to pay at the stage of agreement but please confirm the same with the document writer as I am not sure about the same.

siva208@yahoo.com

ANAYARA RK JAYAN (licensed document writer)     07 January 2010

Dear Adv TK Sujith,

First I have a doubt. The name TK Sujith is the chief cartoonist of kerala kaumudi daily. He is also a law bachelor. kindly reveal are u the most reputed cartoonist ?

ANAYARA RK JAYAN,anayararkjayan@gmail.com  

Sivadas Chettur (Chartered accountant)     01 February 2010

Hi lawyers,

Recently  there were news about adulteration in fruits, vegetables and milk etc by traders and growers/ milk suppliers. Please let us discuss about the legal remedies available to consumers. please also let me know all the applicable laws like PFA Act, Consumer protection Act, Essential commodities Act, Food saftey act , and various control orders etc etc.

siva208@yahoo.com

Lijoy George (Business Development)     03 February 2010

Hi Sivadas sir,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of station last month. You suggestions was very valuable to us for the blog. Thanks a lot. :) Will get back to you if there is more questions..  Have a nice day..

Regards,

Lijoy

sreenath cochin (advocate)     26 February 2010

i m sreenath from cochin

VISHNU YUVARAJ (STUDENT CO-ORDINATOR)     08 May 2010

Hi, i'm vishnu yuvaraj from kozhikode

Jolly James 9447287658 (Advocate)     10 May 2010

Dear sir I am Jolly James Practcing at Kottayam District court. I am residing at Mundakayam

Adv:Nikhilesh (Lawyer in calicut)     06 June 2010

we the lawyers of kerala work together to ensure that we maynot do anything aagainst the law of the nation and to provide legal help to the weeker sections in this socity

sharaffudin (advocate)     17 October 2010

hi lawyers,

what  we can do for ourself first? please suggest.

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     03 November 2010

Hi Colleagues,

I am from Kerala but now practicing in Abu Dhabi as Legal Consultant. It would be helpful and useful to keep in touch with professionals wherever they are. No doubt it will update the latest status of the proceedings and changes in the laws. Wish you all success.

MAJEEDKM

LEGAL CONSULTANT

ABU DHABI

majeed@lawyer.com

majeedkm@hotmail.com

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     13 July 2011

Dear friends I have been practicing in Kuthuparamba,Mattannur and Thalassery courts since 1985.I think this forum is highly helpful for us.

VP THANKACHAN

ADVOCATE
KUTHUPARAMBA 

Ph 9961728399

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     13 July 2011

Hi Shaji,

I am lawyer from Keral now practcing in Abu Dhabi.

Wish you all the best

Regards

Majeed KM

Legal consultant

PO Box:45628

Abu Dhabi

majeed@lawyer.com

Adv:Nikhilesh (Lawyer in calicut)     23 July 2011

I am advocate N. Nikhilesh from calicut bar. Now doing L.L.M in CUSAT.

prathapachandran (advocate)     25 July 2011

i am prathapachandran.v. iam in trivandrum. i deal maily with labour and service matters.my email id ins shramiklaw@yahoo.co.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register