Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arlkrishna (Consultant - Labour Compliances)     22 April 2013

Denial of basic banking transaction

Dear Experts,

A branch of State Bank of Travancore denied to accept banking transaction of cash remittance into my SB account opened in another branch.
The manager insisted that particular branch is P&SB and if I want to transact, I need to open an SB account in that particular branch.
In this internet era of communication, I understand the bank provides the minimum banking facility of receipt and payment of cash/cheque at any of their branches under its core banking. This facility is the very purpose of such core banking system. However being a public sector bank, I also understand the bank strive more towards its service commitment to its customers. I now would like to know the following from this expert group.
1. Is it their duty to accept the money into my SB account in any branches under its core banking system, if no why?
2. Is any of my right is deprived here, if so what action shall I take to ensure restoring the same for the common cause.
3. Shall they insist to their customers to open another SB Account in that particular branch to make basic transactions?
Request experts to respond to the above queries please.

arlkrishna

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register