Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AGANrotweil (Contracts Professional)     17 April 2013

Which law applicable for below mentioned subject

Sir(s),

Recently we signed a Project in Jammu & Kashmir.

In Tender document, it is stated that "Laws of India" , "Juridiction will be Mumbai" and few places they mentioned "J&K workmens compensation acts etc"

My Query:

1.     I cannot work with two laws in a project, and please advice me Which negotiation can help me in this matter:

• Should i ask him to modify "JURIDICTION PLACE" in the contract documents OR
  • Should i ask him to modify "LAW APPLICABLE FOR THE PROJECT - INDIAN LAW OR J&K LAW"

2.  If laws of J&K is specified in the contract, can we present our case in Mumbai courts ?? -- In that case what will be        Juridiction ( J&K) or (Mumbai) ?

3.   I understand "Courts have its own Power", and from the above given scenario is the case , then can anybody please advice me in your opinions, which Jurudiction likely does the court will decide either (J&K) or (Mumbai) ?

Few more details about the Contract:

1. In Tender they have mentioned in some places "J&K workmens act" and some places "Laws  of India" --- Sir(s) All i can see there are two laws mentioned in this contract, which will prevail while project in jammu kashmir & juridiction in Mumbai.
  2. If I go with J&K laws, then at the time of Court Proceedings if so happen, there are chances to face leagal difficulties.

Kindly advice me to take a final decision & To fine tunning my understanding with your esteemed Advices

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register