Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram singh (advocate)     12 August 2009

imp/urg

dear all ,

can any body sent me the judgment passed by their lordships N.N.Bagawathi ,L.Venkataraman ayyar, and  S.K Dro and P.Govind JJ in which they discussed the distinction between " a contract for service and a contract of service"

the judgment mentioned hereunder

Dharangadhara chemical works ltd.

Vs

state and other.

sorry , the information given above is not proper but i have only this much of information wiht me .u r requested to sent the same judgment or any other relevant judgment which discloses the distinctionbetween the " a contract for service and a contract of service"

thanks & regards in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     12 August 2009

I think the above judgment is reported in AIR 1957 SC 264 : (1957) 1 LLJ 477 (SC)

There is another landmark judgment on this issue which is Chintaman Rao v. State of M.P (AIR 1958 SC 388 : 1958 SCR 1340)

Other related judgments on the issue are:-

1.  Silver Jubilee Tailoring House v. Chief Inspector of Shops and Establishment at para 30 reported in (1974) 3 SCC 498 : 1974 SCC

2.  Shivnandan Sharma v. Punjab National Bank Ltd AIR 1955 SC 404 : (1955) 1 LLJ 688 (SC)

I hope the above information is useful for you.

vikram singh (advocate)     12 August 2009

krishna ji thanks for your spontaneous response, i 'll be very happy if any body forward the land mark judgment on this issue pls.

thanks and regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register