LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendra Gupta (Banker)     23 March 2013

Harassment under sec 498a - dowry

My wife who is professionally qualified was doing job at the time of our marriage 3 years ago. She left job about 9 months after marriage.I am living with my old and ailing parents in a house owned by parents. I have 7 months old daughter. I am a self employed professional, belong to upper middle class. There is no financial problem. W have a common kitchen for all.

Right from day one my wife was ignoring my parents completely and refused to do any household job like cooking etc. and instigating/pressuring me to leave parents house and live in a rented house. I was persuading her not to do so as I am the only son of my ailing parents. After about 2 years of marriage, my wife started ignoring me also and also started sending abusive smses to me from her bedroom.

3 days before my wife threatened that she may commit suicide by locking her bedroom. I called her parents who took her. Before leaving our house, she locked herself in her bedroom and packed all the articles clothes etc. and all the gold ornaments she could lay her hands on. However before leaving she threatened me with dire consequences and told me she will teach e a lesson which I and my parents shall remember for lifetime.

I am apprehending that she may lodge a case with police against me and my parents under sec 498a.

I consulted an advocate who advised me to lodge an FIR. I am confused whether I do so first.

Please advise urgently . Thanks in advance

Learning

14 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     23 March 2013

After about 2 years of marriage, my wife started ignoring me also and also started sending abusive smses to me from her bedroom.

-

-

-That means you both were living different bed room?why?tell the whole story. 

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     23 March 2013

there is only way out that you should write your whole story and file a informatory petition before metroploitan majistrate and also send the copy of this to senior police officials..

ratnesh kumar

advocate

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     23 March 2013

File a police complaint about her threat, and follow it up. This appears to be a case of criminal intimidation.

www.mehnat.in/wives.html

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Surendra Gupta

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

My wife who is professionally qualified was doing job at the time of our marriage 3 years ago. She left job about 9 months after marriage.I am living with my old and ailing parents in a house owned by parents. I have 7 months old daughter. I am a self employed professional, belong to upper middle class. There is no financial problem. W have a common kitchen for all.

Right from day one my wife was ignoring my parents completely and refused to do any household job like cooking etc. and instigating/pressuring me to leave parents house and live in a rented house. I was persuading her not to do so as I am the only son of my ailing parents. After about 2 years of marriage, my wife started ignoring me also and also started sending abusive smses to me from her bedroom.

3 days before my wife threatened that she may commit suicide by locking her bedroom. I called her parents who took her. Before leaving our house, she locked herself in her bedroom and packed all the articles clothes etc. and all the gold ornaments she could lay her hands on. However before leaving she threatened me with dire consequences and told me she will teach e a lesson which I and my parents shall remember for lifetime.

I am apprehending that she may lodge a case with police against me and my parents under sec 498a.

I consulted an advocate who advised me to lodge an FIR. I am confused whether I do so first.

Please advise urgently . Thanks in advance

WRT your wife...This is called as roll-call kind of people.

If you are still reading this and not yet lodged a complaint against your wife, the sword is just swinging above your head. Run fast, to the police station, lodge complaint.

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     23 March 2013

Dear Surendra Gupta, First ascertain what valuables your wife has taken along with her. Prepare a detailed list. then approach the local police station of your area and file a complaint along with list and send copy of that complaint to CAW cell in your area and in your in-laws area or to caw head quarter. for any query you can call and get legal help. RAJIV BHASIN ADVOCATE 9811210505 / 9868635640 bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 March 2013

1. First preserve all abusive SMS in original media.
2. Go to police station in your area and submit an application stating briefly in 1 page wife leaving without consent and taking yours as well as hers valuables and mention probable articles that she took. Also mention in the application she used to give threat of suicide and you are worried of her safety, security and well being and end the application with prayer to help you. Get the application diary entered with reporting officer of the day. Get the duplicate copy of the application received / signed / stamped by duty officer.
3. Now via reference hire an local advocate on retention basis and do two things till she does what she threatened to you while leaving; read all past discussions here in Criminal / Civil and Family Law forums and use the services of the retained advocate as and when required.

Your brief has scope of only above for the time being unless you are dying for her return and if so then via retained advocate file restitution of conjugal rights application before jurisdiction Court, otherwise above 1 - 3 are enough for the time being.

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

After about 2 years of marriage, my wife started ignoring me also and also started sending abusive smses to me from her bedroom.

-That means you both were living different bed room?why?tell the whole story. 

In my opinion there is no need to share with this non-legal lady member @ Ranee.... how well your wife or you performed or not performed in your respective bedrooms as she is asking you to tell her all that personal intimate details!    Your brief itself speaks that there were non-compatibility issues between you two which you both experienced as couple and thus it is not necessary to share more to seek legal opinion here in public forum. Probably this lady member does not even know that a couple can seek divorce while still living under same roof (home) but should not be sharing same bed which is to say they can jolly well stay in separate bedrooms yet approach Court for their legal remedies.

1 Like

The wife started wignoring him from 2 years of marriage that means they are living separately for last one year.If she was living separately why husband filed divorce for denial of s*x? Again all husband asking divorce make such stories.If she has taken her belongings then what is husband's problem?

Mr. DArun Kumar!!I am not a legal person, as if you a senior advocate of Supreme Court...:D

The wife started wignoring him from 2 years of marriage that means they are living separately for last one year.If she was living separately why husband filed divorce for denial of s*x? Again all husband asking divorce make such stories.If she has taken her belongings then what is husband's problem?

Mr. DArun Kumar!!I am not a legal person, as if you a senior advocate of Supreme Court...

Time pass lady we heard periods started. In @ Mr. Surrendra Gupta's query point out to us where he mentioned two words which you are mentioning above - husband filed for divorce / for denial of s*x? ? ?

Are you in such mood swing state that cannot you read queries properly ?

Now what DArun Kumar and Supreme Court Advocate has to do with your idiotic responses r/w pervasive question of a queriest bedrooms etiquettes which I replied by pointing to your error in replies? 

Darunji, what does these lines mean?

Did you wear Rainbow glasses while reading the query?

Again same idiotic judgmental replies to queries;

Wife ignores husband does not necessarily means ONLY IGNORIG SEX. It can be construed not in talking terms - not attending to keep a home whose gambit is quite wide - not performing wifely duties whose gambit is quite wide - not maintaining conjugality including relationship that a husband and wife maintains before society they keep.

Even so otherwise why ask pervasive question of his bedroom is my stand.

Also where did he mentions 'divorce' word? You are silent on it and remebering DArun Kumar and or Supreme Court Advocate..

Further lady what has D Arunkumar and Supreme Court Advocate has to do with my reply?

BTW, were DArun Kumar or a Supreme Court Advocate involved in your SOWRY family status that you brought either of them here while replying to me?

1 Like

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

Again same idiotic judgmental replies to queries;

Wife ignores husband does not necessarily means ONLY IGNORIG SEX. It can be construed not in talking terms - not attending to keep a home whose gambit is quite wide - not performing wifely duties whose gambit is quite wide - not maintaining conjugality including relationship that a husband and wife maintains before society they keep.

Even so otherwise why ask pervasive question of his bedroom is my stand.

Also where did he mentions 'divorce' word? You are silent on it and remebering DArun Kumar and or Supreme Court Advocate..

Further lady what has D Arunkumar and Supreme Court Advocate has to do with my reply?

BTW, were DArun Kumar or a Supreme Court Advocate involved in your SOWRY family status that you brought either of them here while replying to me?

Yes he did not mention divorce.If he was really harrassed he had that option.When wife fights back then husband makes such defamatory comments/allegations on wife.Did you not see wife's mental condition she was undergoing which made her thinking of suicide?She needs FIR or treatment?

About DArun kumar..if you dont know him, I also dont know utpala.

Are you not misguiding this querist in the name of modernism in this thread?

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Live-in-relationship-77502.asp

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

XXX
Yes he did not mention divorce.If he was really harrassed he had that option.When wife fights back then husband makes such defamatory comments/allegations on wife.Did you not see wife's mental condition she was undergoing which made her thinking of suicide?She needs FIR or treatment?

About DArun kumar..if you dont know him, I also dont know utpala.

Are you not misguiding this querist in the name of modernism in this thread?

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Live-in-relationship-77502.asp

Just stop these nonsensical engagements with me if you don’t understand what I legally quote to a query.  Or if you know law then in your above quoted link give judgment of any Tribunal / HC / SC Judgment where Govt. servant has been prosecuted for keeping a keep / live-in.

Only thing they faced in initial years were charges / allegations which were later not proved as per strict Criminal laws of the land and indirectly got divorce from a stubborn wife.

What modernization when every where in society including your own MLA’s case for which big riots took place including various queriest questions here are on live-in after being fed up of slow legal process a spouse looks outside dead marriage as keeping him / her bonded in a dead marriage itself is highest form of mental cruelties. Many female queriest here desired of live-in and asked opinion and on them you kept silent for your own reasons.

Society influences Law making and if you are not upto its picking due to your own constrains then remain quite unless you have legal views to add to a query and stop asking pervasive questions. 

What defamation? A queriest in public forum from either gender mentions in respective brief something similar so it is defamatory! Listen lady I suggest you keep quite here if you don’t even know basics of who can exercise such rights to file defamation case! You are replying all wrongly of process and procedures in law and do not even know that in instance brief you as in @ Ranee.... is not necessary party to even file a case against the queriest for simply mentioning in forum that he received abusive SMS from his wife.

Ever heard of PPD If no then read about it from medical journals then you will come to know post delivery the residual effects in such mother(s) remain for a very long period and many lactating mothers do get into suicidal tendencies and any normal husband / his side who is not supposed to know about PPD will obviously get scared of such speaks of wife / DIL which later gets converted into allegations - counter allegations of 'constant threat of suicide' resulting into divorce and not treatment. He has approached a legal forum not your social clinic bear that in mind while future arguing with me. 

(Guest)

Fully agree with @Tajobs on his fitting reply

Ranee....... (NA)     24 March 2013

1. My MLA did illegal marriage and has not get any pnishment yet due to slow judiciary or legal provision of women free from adultary charges , does it mean we should encourage that?..is this not misuse of law?what is its difference with false 498A cases ?

2.Why you did not say anything about PPD to the querist in your very first post as a person relating to medical field?Have u lost your all humanity...now you will tell me what  humanity is to do in legal forum...if so then advicing to file false cases by some advocates(which you and your followers often complain of!) is also a professional matter?

3.Dont get flattered by your so called followers ...they follow your advice to "keep quite" very well when "some account deleted" make fun of you!They enojoy it !!

Good bye..have a great sunday!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register