Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Sinha (apo)     07 March 2013

Salary deduction without notice

Hello Guys

I am working in state govrnment as "Assistant Programmer" in contract basis. I didn't Got my salary from past 7 months. Now  while making payment they are paying 50% of my Salary. I didn't get any notice earlier regarding this.

Now please suggest me what to do ?

My Mob: 9471178649.

Learning

7 Replies

advharshavardhan (Executive)     07 March 2013

Pls go through the contract terms. Info provided is not enogh to make comment.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2013

Kindly look into the appointment letter, salary slips from month 1 of your appointment, and demand and collect salary slips of these seven months whose pay is delayed..

Ideally pay slip should be issued by employer and signed by employee to ensure correct and upfront disbursement of wages..

Compare and raise your query to the o/o appointing authority, MD, pay roll/personnel/HR/accountant as per structure of your company.

Employer can make statutory deductions for pay e.g. PF, ESIC, Income Tax, and some other deductions for which employee have entered into private agreement with employer….

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     09 March 2013

you can claim the same by making application under Section 33-C(2) of the Industrial Disputes Act or under Section 15(2) of the Payment of Wages Act (if your salary is less than 10,000/-PM)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 March 2013

Cap for applicability of Payment of Wages Act, 1936 increased to Rs. 18,000 per month

NOTIFICATION NO. SO 2260(E), DATED 11-09-2012

SECTION 1(6) OF THE PAYMENT OF WAGES ACT, 1936 - WAGES PAYABLE TO AN EMPLOYED PERSON - SPECIFIED AMOUNT OF WAGES PAYABLE UNDER SECTION 1(6)
NOTIFICATION NO. SO 2260(E), DATED 11-9-2012
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (6) of section 1 of Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (4 of 1936), the Central Government, on the basis of figures of the Consumer Expenditure Survey published by the National Sample Survey Organisation, hereby specifies Rupees eighteen thousand per month as the wages under said sub-section (6).

Attached File : 288629367 7.pwa-amendment in wage ceiling under payment of wages act.pdf downloaded: 184 times

Sourav Sinha (apo)     10 March 2013

Thanks for your reply.

My remuneration is 12,000/- per month. 

More suggesions welcome

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     10 March 2013

@ kUMAR, 

THANKS KUMAR FOR SUPPLYING THE NOTIFICATION. I WAS UNAWARE ABOUT THE SAME.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 March 2013

@ Mr. Tripathi

Sir,

I also came across this development recently. The querist shall benefit from your valuable advice in this thread.

With Regards

Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register