LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind (Agent)     23 February 2013

Daugters right in dad property

Sirs, Am a daugter and am married before 1989 and i have one sister and one brother. Am a Hindu.Both my sister and brother have died.  They have childrens and thier spouses are still alive. My dad and mom is still alive. My dad has got some land property given by his dad and the property is currently in my dads name. Do i have right to claim some share in this property or not ?  If not does my dad has the power to give me some share in the property if he desires so ?

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   23 February 2013

During life time of your father you can not calim,but your father can gift his property by a registered deed of gift to you or others during his life time as per his choise.Otherwise you will get after death of your father as proportionate share with your brother 's and sisters' son or daughter

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 February 2013

Your father is absolute owner of the property so during the lifetime of your father you can not claim over the property but your father can gift,bequeath and alienate the property during his lifetime to any one as per his wish .you can claim only when he dies intestate your share as per law.

Tripti Nagwekar (Owner)     26 February 2013

Nice advice.

Govind (Agent)     07 June 2013

Dear Sirs, Thanks a lot for your reply. Please can you clarifiy further. We are from Tamilnadu and the proerty is also in tamilnadu. My sister in law says as per law since I got married before 1989 am not eligible for any share in my Dads property. Is it so ? Please can you clarify

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register