Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     08 February 2013

Lawyer without attending law college - is it possible?

Hi everyone,

Can you tell us? ---

To get a law degree certificate, is it necessary to get admission in

any law college or universitry?

There are so many coching center who are providing law classes, after

two three months of training, can they provide law degree certificate

from any college or university?

Is this certificate valid?

I know one person who attended one coaching classes for three months

and got a law degree certificate from the coaching center.

With that invalid certificate he got membership of bar council of India. Now he is practicing as an advocate.

Please reply these for the information of all concerned.

Robin Mahato

Learning

16 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     08 February 2013

Mahato sir, can u give details. 

again in your own case u can appear , there is no qualifications in such situations, after all if one wants to practice even 5 years degree say LLM will not much help practice of clear 10 years can help any lawyer if he reads laws and cases regularly else with so called degrees too if one is 30 years in court without practice is just good for nothing in client comes he has to hang himself for taking that kind of lawyer, still worse if he is 3 months degree holder as you say!,, dr g balakrishnan

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     08 February 2013

Dear Balakrishnan Sir,

Please don't mind, I could not understand what you wanted to say.

Can you please tell us clearly? You mean anyone can appear if he reads laws and cases regularly. But can he be called an advocate?

In this case, the man had got law degree without attending any law college for 3 or 5 years. Can he be called an advocate? Can be be eligible for enrolement in bar council of any state?

Please reply this, I will tell the name of that person in the next message.

v.b.b.sastry (Sr.A.P.P)     09 February 2013

Law colleges will give you certificate without going to college.You have to give money and take the certifcate to practice.Even if you don't know how to write a single sentence in english (sic) though the law is in english.That is the position in India.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 February 2013

mr Mahato,

in your own matter there is no need for advocate to appear that is allowed even in supreme court of india. unless you are thorough you should not attempt as you may become victim so you choose an advocat, well trained not anyone gets some Sannad from Bar council of relevant state, but good advocate one becomed after about 5 years of regular practice provided he reads laws related cases as also case laws properly with proper interpretation of statutes. so practise is insisted upon. regards.

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     09 February 2013

Dear Balakrishnan Sir,

Again you are not telling clearly. What I asked you have not replied. You are telling about good or bad advocate due to regular practice or lack of pactrice.

again I am asking that can any person pracrtice as an advocate without having proper law degree certifiacte which is obtained on completion of 3 or 5 years of attendance at law college or university?

If a person does not attend any law college or university and by giving money if he got law degree certificate, can he be eligible to enroll in the Advocate roll of State Bar Council? Can he be called an advocate? If not so, what disciplinary action should be taken against the fraud adovate? What will the punishment for him?

If you know the answer of my questions above, please reply. Unless don't divert the issue to some other direction.

If you don't know the answer, let other seniors to reply.

Thanks, and regards

Robin Mahato

Dear Sastry Sir,

As per your statement, Law degree certificate is available by giving money, even not attending law college. If this thing happens in India, Can this type of advocates be eligble to enroll in the state bar council or bar council of India?

Can they be permitted to practice in holy court. Why they are not punished, if people like you know them as fraud adovate?

Thanks and regards

Robin Mahato

v.b.b.sastry (Sr.A.P.P)     09 February 2013

Nobody makes a complaint .Even you make a complaint to your bar assn everybody will keep quite.You will have to follow proffessional ethics oytherwise your certificate will be cancelled.

Proffessional ethic !  What is that? You mean, if I know any person as fraud, I have to keep quite? Does your education permit you to do that? You are practicing in court to give punishment to the defaulters, fraud, cheaters, criminals. Seeing an fraud advocate practicing beside you, you will keep quite only to favor him that he is also in the same profession as your.

It is very wrong. Then crime will not be reduced, it will be increased day by day due to fraud advocate only. What you think?

v.b.b.sastry (Sr.A.P.P)     10 February 2013

You are permitted to practice.A number  people are practicing like that.That is the situation in this country.

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     13 February 2013

Dear Sirs,

If the said situations and replies regarding the law practice in courts or enrollment in Bar Council of India,

why not be a Master of Business Law holders from NLSIU, to practice in the courts.  Even a person having

law certificate without attending class/moot court, they may be permitted.  In this connection, a MBL holder

may kindly be allowed to practice in the courts especially civil and business matters.  Am I right ?

D.Dakshina Murthy

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     13 February 2013

Dear all sirs,

It is intimated that the concerned fraud advocate enrolled his name in the state bar council. A written complain has been filed to the concerned state bar council under intimation to Bar Council of India. Lest us see what action will the concened state bar council or Bar council of India take against that fraud advocate. I will give the full details about the case after I get information about the current progress of the written complain.

This discussion is going so interesting. All advocates are welcome to comment on the subject.

Dear Murthy Sir, 

May I ask you what did you want to say in your comment above? Can you clearly discuss about MBL and NLSIU?

Thanks and regards,

Robin Mahato

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     13 February 2013

Sorry, by mistake double entry submitted

v.b.b.sastry (Sr.A.P.P)     15 February 2013

Complain to Ombudsman and pray to cancell the certificate and launch  a prosecution.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     15 February 2013

mahato, uif you have not taken regulat 5 years or 3 years degree in law yu cannot enrol . agn your degree must be recgbized by bar council of india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register