Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Armaan Arora (nil)     01 February 2013

Can i do a job as well as business together

Dear All,
i have been planning to open my own hr and event mgmt companies next month,,,, now my mother is saying that she wants me to do a govt job as its more secured. 
is it possible that i can do a job and run my companies also at the same time with the company registered in my name.
OR
is there any benefit that i can register the company on my mothers name and i do a job. though i remain the signing authority of the company.
my friend has told me that i could get a police case filed against me if i m doing both job and business..
now all this is making me confused as to what to do , m very much confused 
plz help me out asap
armaan

Learning

11 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     01 February 2013

u cannot do both things togather.

Armaan Arora (nil)     01 February 2013

sir if i register the company on my mothers name but make myself the signing authority and also work for anothe company tht would be fine right... i mean in other way my mother is doing business and i m doing a job

so is it possible and legal in the above scenario 

armaan

better if ur mother signs papers and u look after business.

better if ur mother signs papers and u look after business.

Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     03 February 2013

First you cant be director in a company if you are employed somewhere else, and secondly what you asked that you will only be the sigining authority even that is not possible because of the first reason, so better you have to chose something one job or business, or you can keep your mother and any other relative on directorial board and you look after the business with legal authority over the same...

Armaan Arora (nil)     03 February 2013

Originally posted by : clone_panvel

First you cant be director in a company if you are employed somewhere else, and secondly what you asked that you will only be the sigining authority even that is not possible because of the first reason, so better you have to chose something one job or business, or you can keep your mother and any other relative on directorial board and you look after the business with legal authority over the same...

sir what do u exactly mean by "you look after the business with legal authority over the same..." do u mean tht my mother should give me a power of attorney 

Pravin (team lead)     17 October 2014

Hello All,

I am working in Tech Mahindra as Design Engineer at the same time i want to start a business on my name for side business..

I consulted a Tax consultant and CA and a lawyer. he said that if i am working in a Govt company or Public Sector then i cant do.. But if i am working in a pvt company i can do it same time..

Can any one suggest on this..

Please let me know which act i can refer to see it better.

Thanks

(Guest)

Forget it. No business is allowed along with a Government job.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 August 2016

If it  is Govt jopb yopu can't do a side business. If not your working fulltime in a  PrivateCompany and simultaneously start some start up business which is in no way connected with your company/job responsibilities or business of thecompany  and does not come in  conflict with your interst in your  corrent job you can do both job and side business.

Remanshu Madan   25 April 2020

I am running my sole proprietorship and I wanna do home based job along is ds possible

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     29 August 2020

Don't read too much of law.You can continue the Government job without any hindrance.to office hours and.duty.But you should be cautious that in no way your.finger print is exiistance in the company which must be soley with your kith and kin.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register