LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     17 January 2013

What will be action against girl ?

Recently, I have a case like this but something it is different.  There was a marriage fixed in the end of this month between a man who age of 31 years and girl's age 20 years.  That  girl knows the age of the man and his background. Tne said man is slightly defect i.e he is not able speak perfectly, he is able to speak slowly due to some fever had in the childhood.  It is also known everybody. All marriage formalities and other marrage engagment function also done it was arranged by the girl's parent with the consent of the girl.  After the functions over, marriage to be done another twenty days.  

Suddenly, the girl stopped the marriage and frankly told she was interested to marry the man who already got engagment with her. Several apprach made, the girl and her parent did not accept.  Even, they are not willing to bear the expenses met by the man's family.

The same thing, If it was happend from the man's side, certainly, there will be an action from the girl's side. 

What will be the punishment for the girl ?  What action to be taken ?

Dakshina

Learning

4 Replies

ABHISHEK KUMAR VATSA (Freelancer)     17 January 2013

hi ,

Basically you can not do anything about it directly. But with some more facts we can do something.

regards

abhi(dot)kumar9law@gmail(dot)com

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     17 January 2013

Sirs,

In order to avoid the marriage, they are simply showing the age factor of the  man. The man's family upset in the final movement.  Finally, the marriage stopped. But, the marriage engagemement photographs are in the hands of man's family.  

Is there any legal remedy for the man's family ? and

what kind of action they have to take ?

Kindly suggest me

With regards, 

Dakshina

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2013

with these facts no matter is made up.  It is easy for anyone to belive hinding of age when differenc eis so much.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 May 2016

more trouble can be purchsed if any action is attempted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register