Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (Engineer)     05 January 2013

Can the allotment of number of a case be postponed?

Hi All,

I am not aware of the legal terms to explain my issue more clearly. I am providing the details I got from our representative. Please bear with me and help me with the information.

We tried to file a case in district court for partition of family property. It has been 4-5 months since we provided all the necessary documents to our lawyer. But our lawyer is saying that the case hasn't been registered yet because there are many cases pending with the court and they have postponed acceptance of our case. Thus as per our lawyer the allotment of case number is postponed by the court and we can only get a number in Feb or March of this year.

But I heard from my friends and others that the case number will be given immediately and the first hearing can be scheduled to a later date based on the volume of cases. 

Can you please let me know if postponement of allotting a case number is genuine? Thanks in advance for your time and information.

-Kumar

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     07 January 2013

Dear kumar,

It does not take 4-5 months for a case to be numbered in the district court. You have been rightly advised by your friend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register