Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praj (na)     23 December 2012

Child's caste in intercaste marriage

dear sir,

I am a hindu brahmin(open category)  mother who got married to hindu obc (both maharashtrian) 5 years ago....

I have 2 years son....now we are looking for his school admissions....

I want my son to be brahmin by caste i.e. my caste on paper at the time of admission...

is it possible....will it make problem for him in future as his father;s is having obc caste certificate...

plz guide me in this regard and also guide me what should i do to make him brahmin by caste

thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     23 December 2012

Father's caste is child's cast

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     24 December 2012

No. He will have his father's caste.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     24 December 2012

If u dont want any benefit from OBC side of the father then what is the problem but  would he be accomodated in Brahmin society at later stage?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2013

your facts are not clear, whether the OBC gentelman is real or step father.

The chikld gets caste status of his father

(Guest)

@To whom it may concern,

1. There is a thin line one must acknowledge between 'Caste' and 'Caste Status'. Caste is what we have by birth and does not change by circumstances unless otherwise he/she voluntarily renounce his/her religion and formally accept other religion where he/she is treated as per the rules of the religion he accepts voluntarily. Caste status is changeable as per the circumstances and facts of the situation.

2.Caste of the boy/girl cannot be changed as the general rule is 'Child holds the caste of father' .

3.Caste status can be subject to change and depends upon how the child is brought up and under what circumstances.

4.Before I part with,I would suggest to read my previous post 'Reservation Benefit'.And also take this reply not only by words but also a point to ponder over.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register