Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagan (Executive - PM IR)     04 December 2012

Property registration documents

Hi,

I have one query. A person purchased land & he done the registration process completely. (Paid stamp duty, scanning sale deed, etc). But if the purchaser not signed all the pages in the sale deed. Only he signed the last sheed & stamp duty sheet, photo scanning sheet.

My question is whether the purchaser should sign all the sheets in the sale agreement?

Thanks & regards,

Jagan

Learning

4 Replies

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     04 December 2012

What is the meaning of Scanning the Sale Deed ? Scanning is done only after completing the registration procedure.  If the Sub-Registrar accepts the deed (although every page is not signed) and orders for registration, execution is complete. 

Jagan (Executive - PM IR)     05 December 2012

Hi Nandagopal Rao,

Thanks for your response. I will explain in clear about my query. The property is registered last 3 months back. Then the purchaser come to know he not signed all the documents (all the pages) but in the last sheet, Buyer/ Seller is signed & also witness signed. But the sale deed is registered paying stamp duty & registerar taken 1 day for scanning the documents, not sure about that. In future if any problem will rise if the person need to sell the property.

Thanks in advance.

Jagan

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     05 December 2012

Once the registration is complete, there is no scope for the seller to say that he has not executed.  Registration means admitting execution of the document. 

P JOSEPH (iNDIVIDUAL)     09 October 2014

I have a query : I have a flat in joint name of my wife and myself. The registration was done at Gurgaon on 07.10.2014. However, it was told that only the first holder, who is my wife needs to sign the conveyance deed, though my name as Joint holder is mentioned in the deed. 1. Kindly confirm that the registration is in order or not. 2. If it is not in order, what is the procedure to sign by the 2nd joint holder. 3. whether the signature with the first holder can be sold. Your reply would be highly appreciated. Regards P Joseph

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register