Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

syed (sales )     01 November 2012

Urgent help required

Dear All,

I recently purchased a flat. The registry is done a month ago.

Initially at time of sample flat demo and negotiation sales person verbally said that after no other/hidden charges at after the registry. The flat is through a package that includes all other charges.

However its now that Byuilder asks to pay 1.2 lacs extra for electricity connection and few other charges. Later on I realised that there is a clause in the sale deed that few other charges may be charged as per requirement.

One other lawer I consulted says that after the registry builder cannot force you to charge even a penny.

Kindly let me know if this is true? Or elsewise how should I proceed?

Hope for a quick revert. Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

ravikumarbcombl (advocate)     05 November 2012

Dear Syed,

You have to clarify, whether you have entered into an agreement or not before execution of Sale deed, if you bought the flat which is not constructed at the time of entering into an agreement then as per agreement you are liable to pay whatever charges described therein, in this case the sale deed only for land or undivided share of land. It is very clear once the sale deed executed in favour of the purchaser for a full and valid consideration there can not be anymore charges under a sale deed and the Vendor/Seller is not having any right to charge anymore charges.

So you have to understand the difference between sale agreement and Sale deed , in case anymore doubt you have to make clear your transaction details.

Regards

Ravi Kumar.S

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register