LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Cpio disobeying cic's order

After almost one   year my second appeal was heard and decision given in my favour (though partially admitting my query).I had asked for info on number of URCs being run by regular military units and by non-regular military units (eg CDA Staff/Est, CSD Staff/Depot, DRDO, DGQA, NCC Dte, Embarkation HQ etc) for which Registration Number had been issued from Canteen Stores Department Adelphi Mumbai.CPIO denied the info for the past one and a half year invoking Sec 8 of RTI Act stating Country's integrity, Sovereignity will be jeopardised.The Fist appelllate auth went a step further and quoted a third rate noting sheet of JAG Br (Army) which stated URCs are under RTI Act 2005.

The appeal was heard at CIC by Hon'ble ML Sharma on 27 Aug and ordered CPIO CSD to provide me the info but no info as yet provided. What should be my next course of action as none was penalised for keeping the info and not providing it?

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     10 October 2012

You can inform the CIC that the information have not been provided to you inspite of order given by this Commission and in the same petition also pray for penalising the Officer under Sectoin 20 of the RTI Act.

In a recent judgement of the High Court it has been held that the duties of the CIC is not only for providing information when any appeal is preferred before it but also to penalise the Officer who has without acceptable/reasonable cause deliberately not provided informaton.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register